Skate for Fun and Fitness!
Welcome to the Pettit National Ice Center’s Skating School. For over a decade we’ve provided expert skating instruction for tens of thousands of individuals in our learn-to-skate classes.
Top Honors Program
Whether you want to skate competitively or desire a fun fitness alternative, our instructors are ready to assist. And because the Pettit Center is a U.S. Olympic Training Site, you can bet we place a priority on providing a positive learning experience. U.S. Figure Skating recently awarded the Pettit Center its “Top Honors” designation.
Pettit Center Skate School Highlights:
- Classes are grouped by age and skating level
- Every student receives multiple FREE Public Skating admissions to be used throughout the Skating School session. The number of admissions depends on the time of the year and consider these FREE admissions as additional practice time to work on your skating skills!
- Students are graded and tested according to U.S. Figure Skating, U.S. Speedskating and USA Hockey standards.
- U.S. Figure Skating membership patches and course badges are awarded to each skater, along with an individual skills booklet.
- Adult and youth classes are offered at the same time, so kids and parents can both enjoy lessons.
Session V: April 12- May 21
Sunday’s April 12- May 17 4:30pm-5:10pm**
Tuesday’s April 14- May 19 5:30pm to 6:10pm**
Thursday’s April 16- May 21 5:50pm-6:30pm (PLEASE NOTE: Exclusive practice is before class from 5:30pm-5:50pm)
Session VI: June 2- July 9
Tuesday’s June 2- July 7 5:30pm to 6:10pm**
Thursday’s June 4- July 9 6:00pm-6:40pm**
Session VII: July 14- August 20
Tuesday’s July 14- August 18 5:30pm to 6:10pm**
Thursday’s July 16- August 20 6:00pm-6:40pm**
**20 minutes of exclusive practice time follows each class
Online registration will close at 1pm the day before each day’s first class.
(Example: Saturday classes close on Friday at 1pm).
We will accept in person registration through the second week of classes (based on availability).