Indoor 443-meter Track Run/Walk Track (and Cross Training Area) Admission
COVID-19 UPDATE (4/12/21):
We have reopened our run/walk track for limited use in sessions that provide a safe, healthy structure for runners and walkers. As we continue to follow mandates from the City of Milwaukee Health Dept., we have strict policies for the maximum number of people per a given time (40 runners/walkers) and wearing masks while on the track and in the facility, and for maintaining specified distancing between individuals from different households. Masks are to be worn whenever an individual is in the facility and is not involved in intense cardio-vascular activity in which wearing a mask is a potential health risk. Social distancing protocols are to be followed by all on the track, which means that runners and walkers may not exercise for extended periods in pairs or groups without returning to proper distancing and wearing masks when resting, walking or jogging.
All admission fees MUST be paid in EXACT cash, check or using your account card. Single Admission cost remains $4.
We respectfully request your cooperation and compliance with these rules to help assure that all can be safe and healthy during and after their running or walking here.
To see the sessions offered please Click Here
The Track Schedule below is the ONLY place to get accurate hours. Google, Yelp, Facebook, etc. are not endorsed by the Pettit Center. If a day or time is not listed then the track is closed. We ONLY publish when the track is OPEN.
- Single Admission: $4
- Please note: During speedskating competitions or speedskating time trials (lanes may be partially blocked by timers or equipment. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Save money by buying an Account Card! Cards never expire and can be reloaded at any time with run/walk track admissions.Account cards can be loaded with the following:
- 10-pack: $36.00
- NEW- 25 Pack- $83.00
- 50-pack: $150. (Save $50 with the new 50-pack!)
- Annual pass: $350
Hours are subject to change and may vary during special events. Please call for schedule updates: 414.935.4781
Run-Walk Track Guidelines
1) Register and pay at the Admission window. Make sure the wristband is visible. Those not wearing wristbands may be asked to show it. Non-payers will be told to leave.
2) Do NOT stand or stop on the track at any time! Please step off of the track, if necessary. Be aware of others exercising on the black cross-training area, next to the run/walk track.
3) Inside lane is for faster runners. Outside lane is for slower runners/walkers. Be in the correct lane.
4) Be aware and respectful of others on the track. Allow faster individuals to pass on the inside.
5) When approaching a slower person, a faster runner is requested to inform the slower person well in advance by saying clearly “Track” or “On Your Inside”. The slower person should be in, or is requested to move to, the outer lane to give space for faster runner to pass safely on the inside.
6) Do not create an obstacle for faster runners/walkers by walking two or three abreast on the track.
7) LNT – Leave No Trace, please. Never spit or blow your nose on the track. Use the proper garbage containers for trash. Keep it clean for other runners/walkers.
8) Use of strollers are not allowed on the run-walk track during peak times. Generally speaking, people who are running/walking with a stroller are encouraged to come Monday through Friday, 7:30am-2:30pm and Saturday/Sunday after 1pm. Please call in advance to confirm track capacity. The Pettit Center reserves the right to not allow strollers at any point for safety reasons. Double wide strollers are never allowed.
9) All track users must wear shoes- no bare feet on the track or cross training surfaces
10) NO spiked shoes are allowed. Only non-marking athletic shoes.
The Pettit Center thanks you for your cooperation in helping to assure a safe, clean, healthy and pleasant experience for all.
Badgerland Striders The Pettit National Ice Center is the Official Home of the Badgerland Striders, Wisconsin’s largest running club.