Re-Opening of the Pettit Center
The Pettit National Ice Center reopened one rink on June 15 and the second one on June 22 with restricted activities. Usage is open only to contract hockey and figure skating ice users, including skaters and coaches only in those groups, at this point.
Sorry, there is no open public skating until further notice. We hope to resume it again soon, but please keep checking our website for updates. The Run-Walk Track will resume limited, in person use on specified days and times starting March 8, 2021. Please click here for details.
Pettit Center developed a modified spectator policy consistent with new City of Milwaukee Order 4.4 and its application to the Center’s activities, beginning Saturday, February 6, 2021. More information and directions will be posted on the website and communicated through youth hockey organizations, Pettit Learn to Skate Director, and Pettit Speedskating Director. The Mask and Social Distancing mandates remain in place for the safety of all. Your compliance, patience, and support continue to be appreciated.
Effective 7/16/2020, by ordinance of the City of Milwaukee Common Council, masks are required indoors and outdoors per the following applicable to the Pettit Center, as a building in the City of Milwaukee open to the public:
- Each person, 3 years or older, shall have possession of an acceptable mask covering the nose and mouth when the person leaves home or other place of residence and shall wear the mask whenever the person is in a building open to the public.
- Each person, 3 years or older, shall wear an acceptable mask covering the nose and mouth whenever the person is in an outdoor public space and within 6 feet of any other person who is not a member of the person’s family or household.
SKATING SCHOOL PARTICIPANTS AND PARENTS CLICK HERE FOR COVID-19 GUIDELINES (as of 9/15/2020)
General rules and procedures related to opening the of Center:
- Physical Distancing – continue to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet between people, with recommendation of 10 feet during physical activities.
- Protective Measure Requirements – All persons entering the building (skaters and coaches) will be a on roster for each session, prepared by the user group and submitted to the Pettit Center in advance. Each person on the roster for the session will have signed and submitted a Pettit health waiver to the coach. If the individual is not on the roster, he/she is not permitted to enter.
- All individuals shall comply with Physical Distancing and Protective Measure Requirements.
- Users are required to exit the ice and building promptly, within 15 minutes from the end of the ice session, so the entering group is not having to wait. Courtesy and consideration of the entering group by the exiting group is appreciated.
- Water fountains are shut off. Vending machines in the lobby are operational.
- Additional blue benches with yellow markings for seating and spacing have been placed around each rink. All skaters are required to comply with designated spacing.
- Restrooms – lobby restrooms will be open, as will the lower level restrooms for the skaters on the rinks only.
Critical success factors for making this work:
- If a coach or skater is not feeling well, STAY HOME!
- Coaches are requested to monitor and enforce spacing of skaters on the ice and around the rink. Thank you.
- Recognize that the procedures and protocols may not be convenient, yet it is absolutely necessary that they be followed precisely by each and every individual in the building. Pettit Center reserves right to eject any individual who is not complying with the rules and policies above.
- Patience as the Center works to be as efficient and effective as possible in the implementation of appropriate and required procedures. We will continue to make some adjustments and improvements as we go. Thank you.